Adding link to Calendar Helper

Im wondering if there is a way to add a link with the html <span> or <a> tag in the calendar helper plugin: http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/Calendar+Helper+Plugin. I am able to add links using the link_to helper, but I would like to be able to add a link using one of the html tags so that I can add a css class to it.

I am trying to add a popup link to each day of the calendar using the DOM popup kit which constructs the popups using the following format:

<span id="test_popup_link" class="popup_link">Testing</span>

Does anyone know where I can put this code into the calendar helper? It seems that the cell_text container rejects this code, so I am thinking I am going to have to add it directly into the calendar_helper.rb file itself. Thanks for any help, Im pretty much stuck right now.

This is really random, but I figured out the problem. Rails chokes on double quotes, so you have precede them with a slash: (this code is specific to integrating the DOM popup kit with the calendar helper plugin)

cell_text << "<a id=\"test_popup_link_#{@day}\" class=\"popup_link \">Click here for popup</a>"