acts_as_ferret Searching child models - no method error

In attempting to search child models (returning the parent object) using part of the "# Descend child elements" script at

I get a "no method" error for "all_fields". Does anyone know why this could be or where in fact the method comes from. If it works its a good solution unless anyone knows of any another way of searching child models while still returning the parent object.

His script is:   # Descend child elements   self.class.reflect_on_all_associations.collect { |association|            self.send(association.instance_values["name"]).collect { | child>        child.to_doc.all_fields.collect { |field|          doc << field        } if child.class.respond_to?("acts_as_ferret")     }   }

To use: extend the acts_as_ferret to_doc method by copying it into the parent model and add the above code onto the end of it before the return of doc.

Incidentally I use the code below instead (hard coding a child model) but still have the same problem.

self.products.each do |product|               product.to_doc.all_fields.collect { |field| doc << field}     end

I appreciate any help....my deadline looms! Eddie