Actions have no CSS?

Hi everyone,

I've started a new site from scratch. It's quite straightforward and nothing special. I have a simple controller with just a few actions. I have one style sheet and the majority of the site is held in application.rhtml. The controller is "site"

If I view the site (via webrick) at localhost:3000/site it looks great if I view another action at localhost3000/site/test it renders with no CSS if I view the site at localhost:3000/site/index it renders with no CSS

In the second case I thought I must have a bug in my code causing the CSS to not render. That is when I noticed that /site rendered ok but /site/index did not. Aren't they fundamentally equivalent? Why would they be handled differently and what could I have done to cause the CSS to not render?

Thx!

Gary

/site should cause /site/index to render. look at the rendered html and see what css is included and referenced. i'm guessing you have relative paths to linked css files.

-faisal

Sorry to waste listspace. It ended up being simple (of course). I started with a third party template and I did not change the existing stylesheet <link> to a stylesheet_link_tag and the existing path was relative not absolute :frowning:

Gary Huntress wrote: