ActionMailer failing to parse a signed email message

hey folks,

I have this email with a signed signature that is attached. running email.body on this message returns an empty string, even though there are multiple parts.

I'm going to try and explain this without pasting in a long email msg. Why it is failing is fairly specific, I think. This email message is a signed email from the Apple Mail application: Mime-Version: 1.0 (Apple Message framework v924)

I narrowed it down to failing on the Content-Type row in the email header. The following header fails:    Content-Type: multipart/signed; boundary=Apple-Mail-34-825208017; micalg=sha1; protocol="application/pkcs7-signature" If I change it to this, it works    Content-Type: multipart/signed; boundary=Apple-Mail-34-825208017; micalg=sha1

the problem seems to be where the boundary attribute is defined. It either has to be the last or the 2nd to last. So the above content- type header parses correctly, but so does    Content-Type: multipart/signed; micalg=sha1; protocol="application/ pkcs7-signature"; boundary=Apple-Mail-34-825208017

I wanted to ask a naive question, but isn't the original content type valid?

If so, the error resides in TMail::TextUtils.quote_boundary, and this line (ln 266 in rails 2.0.2)    remainder =~ /^(.*)(;.*)$/m should instead be    remainder =~ /^([^;]*)(;.*)$/m

If this is a valid error, I'll open a ticket and provide a drop-in patch. Thanks folks! Adam