Actionamailer

I am using Rails 2.3, and trying to get ActionMailer to work. I have it configured properly, have followed a very feeble example I have found ( Ruby on Rails 2.1 - Sending Emails ) but I'm kind of stumped on a few things (for one, what is request.xhr ? I cannot even find this in the API).

Does anyone know a good example for using ActionMailer? I have things configured ok, I just need a good example to see how the plumbing works in calling things within rails to move from one view to the next appropriately, where things are explained for a bimbo like me. -Janna B

I am using Rails 2.3, and trying to get ActionMailer to work. I have it configured properly, have followed a very feeble example I have found (Ruby on Rails 2.1 - Sending Emails ) but I'm kind of stumped on a few things (for one, what is request.xhr ? I cannot even find this in the API).

request.xhr? tells you whether the current request was an ajax request.

Does anyone know a good example for using ActionMailer? I have things configured ok, I just need a good example to see how the plumbing works in calling things within rails to move from one view to the next appropriately, where things are explained for a bimbo like me. -Janna B

Have you tried the rails guide about this? Action Mailer Basics — Ruby on Rails Guides

Fred