About master page in Rubi on rails

hi I am new to ruby . I have knowledge over ruby on rail but I am working on aspnet mvc. Whenever I get off time I look into ruby. I believe time is revolving with ruby. I have passion for it to have hand on it.

When I plan to work with ruby I miss studio like visual studio of microsoft and master pages, controls etc .

Please can anyone explain it to me. I am an expert in asp.net with c#; SQL server.

My google id is ziaur@brainstation-23.com to have chat with her/ him.

Ziaur Rahman wrote:

When I plan to work with ruby I miss studio like visual studio of microsoft

Have a look at NetBeans. It's an IDE that works well with Rails.

http://netbeans.org/features/ruby/index.html

and master pages

Have a look at layouts

Rob Nichols wrote:

Ziaur Rahman wrote:

When I plan to work with ruby I miss studio like visual studio of microsoft

Have a look at NetBeans. It's an IDE that works well with Rails.

No. NetBeans is a great IDE, but it does not work at all well with Rails IMHO. I know some people would disagree, but I maintain that Rails does not need or benefit from an IDE. In fact, my experience with IDEs have been that they make Rails development *harder*, not easier.

Just use a good text editor with project management features. I'm fond of KomodoEdit, but there are lots of choices.

http://netbeans.org/features/ruby/index.html

and master pages

Have a look at layouts

Layouts and Rendering in Rails — Ruby on Rails Guides

Yup.

Best,

Rob Nichols wrote:

Marnen Laibow-Koser wrote:

No. NetBeans is a great IDE, but it does not work at all well with Rails IMHO. I know some people would disagree,

Yup! Me to start with :0)

I think it depends where you come from. I am sure that users who come from a Visual Studio environment would feel more at home with an IDE.

IDE's are not for everyone, but if someone says "I plan to work with ruby I miss .... visual studio" then I think they want an IDE.

Too many people automatically assume that they need an IDE. I think it's important to try developing in Rails without one first.