A/B testing & stats plugins?

Is there nothing like this in the Rails world? I've been looking for a good testing framework for months, not finding anything, so I've just been building my own.

This is what I want to do: - track arbitrary behaviors (e.g. photos viewed, comments posted) - track correlation between arbitrary variables and those behaviors (e.g, how do different versions of this prompt affect average photos viewed?)

This kind of thing should be a core part of agile development. What's out there? I know Google Website Optimizer is one of the answers, but it seems pretty limited and awkward compared to a Rails-based solution.

You might find this of interest: http://adwords.google.com/support/bin/topic.py?topic=10808

Thanks for the link, Steve. It's clarified what Website Optimizer is capable of a little bit, but it still doesn't cover what I want to test. The problem is that it defines conversions as singular events.

There doesn't seem to be a way to test what I mentioned above. I develop Facebook apps, and one of the basic needs is to test how different factors affect the number of friends a user invites. I can't do that just based on % who end up on some "success" page.

Any ideas?

Steve Ross wrote: